Inside our Automotive division, you will be attached to a project leader and will have the responsibility to receive customers’ technical requirements and translate those into product specifications. You will be in charge of the design of new architectures by defining interfaces and integrations aspects.
• You evaluate customer expectations and translate legislative and customer requirements into internal product requirement, manage baselines and change requests, and ensure traceability
• You design new product architectures by exploring potential concepts and define interfaces and integration aspects
• You develop system performance simulation models and perform trade-off studies
• You coordinate the development process of cross discipline technical topics (electronics, software, controls mechanics, hydraulics,…) and vehicle system level interface issues
• You support the creation of safety analyses (FMEAs, FTA) and functional safety (ISO26262).
• You participate at technical reviews, specify technical documentation, and define the test plan
• Engineering background (industrial, electromechanical or mechanical) with 5 years of experience in development, if possible in the automotive industry.
• You have experience in powertrain technologies (transmissions, engines, motors, flywheels, etc.)
• You have in-depth knowledge of system engineering approaches (requirements engineering / management, functional analysis and allocation, architecture design, validation and verification) and experience with change & configuration management.
• Knowledge of reliability, functional safety, ISO 26262, or NVH is an asset
• Knowledge of simulation tools (MATLAB, Simulink, AMESim)
• You are an independent, perseverant and systematic worker with a goal-oriented and analytical mindset and a problem-solver with strong analytical skills, able to integrate acquired knowledge and grasping essential information
• Fluent in English, a knowledge of Dutch is a plus