Looking for a thrilling challenge? Want to have a real impact on tomorrow’s technologies?
Boost your career and join us!
Want to be a part of a growing Business Unit within the sector of Telecom, Industry, Energy and Public Sector?
ALTEN Belgium is constantly growing with the development of active and new customers; from start-up companies to some of Belgium’s major players where we are referenced.
As Senior Java Engineer you will work on the network management applications for our next-generation satellite telecom platform.
You will be involved in the complete development cycle : analysis, design, coding, test automation and bug fixing. You will document the architecture, code, solutions and test cases. You have to be able to work closely with our embedded developers, Linux system engineers, GUI Developers and quality assurance members. You will also aspire towards a thorough understanding of satellite communication technologies and its components.
To become our Senior Java Engineer you have to :
- hold a degree in Engineering (Computer Sciences, Telecommunication...)
- having at least 5 years of development experience in Java (8 or higher)
- can put into practice common software design knowledge: modular/OO (Object Oriented) programming, reusability, unit tests, continuous integration, UML, code refactoring
- are eager to learn new technologies
- master at least 5 of the following tools/technologies libraires : Spring, Hibernate, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Tomcat, Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Junit, Mockito, REST/JSON, Jackson, Linux, telecommunication systems and concepts, IP and related protocols, Git
- are conversational in English
- are able to explain a defined architecture and to work on an abstract and conceptual level
- are capable to analyze complex distributed software architectures
- have an affinity for testing
What we offer
- ALTEN offers a technically challenging environment where your growth is central through the diversity of projects. We believe that as a consultant you never stop learning, which is why we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- Within our ALTEN Academy we offer trainings that match your ambitions. Our consultants also regularly organize knowledge evenings about new technologies, in which you can take part. Or maybe you would like to organize a knowledge evening yourself with your colleagues?
- If, after the interviews, it turns out that you and ALTEN are a good match, we will immediately offer you a permanent contract. As we expect our consultants to be mobile, we offer you the choice between a lease car or a mobility allowance. In addition, we offer a good salary and a standard net expense allowance. We think it is important that you also have time to relax, that is why we give you 32 days off.. You don't have to worry about your pension; we arrange that for you with a non-contributory pension scheme.
About the organisation
ALTEN Information Technologies is part of ALTEN Benelux and specialized in consultancy in the areas of IT, production, validation, management, and engineering. ALTEN is present in more than 29 countries around the world and offers the opportunity to move abroad while broadening one's knowledge.
Today, our customers are among the most renowned in the country and they offer plenty of challenges. Our IT division is composed by highly motived and dynamic Business Managers and Recruiters who are always ready to support you.
We created an ALTEN community. Indeed, several events are organized throughout the year so that you can meet your colleagues and create connections.
So apply now to be part of our friendly team!
*** ALTEN BELGIUM is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. ***
Why joining ALTEN Belgium?
At ALTEN we believe in growing together:
Human capital is our priority; we involve ourselves in supporting our consultants’ career by customized follow-up and close management.
Our internal training program, the ALTEN Academy, provides you certified trainings (Global Partner ISTQB, IREB) and tools to satisfy your thirst of knowledge.
As pioneers in innovation, we give you the opportunity to work with leading companies on the most recent technologies, in addition to an attractive salary package.
Are you ready to take your career to another level by joining an innovative and dynamic community?
Push the apply button and get ready to shape tomorrow!