Looking for a thrilling challenge? Want to have a real impact on tomorrow’s technologies? Boost your career and join us!
We are the reference partner for the best companies in Belgium. Located over the entire territory, we have developed our expertise in three group business lines: Engineering Technology, Information Systems & Telco, Life Sciences.
If you are up to the challenge, then keep on reading, and discover the amazing opportunity below!
As Linux System Developer you wil:
- Implement and maintain unattended Linux configurations and deployments in a virtualized environment (KVM or OpenStack)
- Assist us in our efforts to continuously harden our products using OpenSCAP and several OWASP tools
- Assist with architecture and code reviews, evaluating designs against industry best practices.
- Automate the set-up of operating systems, (web)applications and databases
- Develop and maintain complex infrastructure-as-code deployments used in demanding environments
- Work closely together with our field engineers and other R&D teams
- Keep abreast of technology evolutions and try to benefit from them in our products (real-time metrics databases, Kubernetes clusters, ...)
- Aspire towards a thorough understanding of satellite communication technologies and components
- Have a Bachelor or Master degree in IT or Engineering
- Are experienced with unattended Linux configuration and deployment in a virtualized environment,
- Are interested in software development and automation tooling for cloud-based systems,
- Have experience with at least 3 of the following: Puppet, SELinux Configuration, Linux performance optimization,Ansible, Jenkins, Cloud Management Systems (like OpenStack), scripting languages (like bash, ruby, python, perl)
- Are conversational in English
- Love to communicate with a broad range of technical experts and to share information
What we offer
- ALTEN offers a technically challenging environment where your growth is central through the diversity of projects. We believe that as a consultant you never stop learning, which is why we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- Within our ALTEN Academy we offer trainings that match your ambitions. Our consultants also regularly organize knowledge evenings about new technologies, in which you can take part. Or maybe you would like to organize a knowledge evening yourself with your colleagues?
- If, after the interviews, it turns out that you and ALTEN are a good match, we will immediately offer you a permanent contract. As we expect our consultants to be mobile, we offer you the choice between a lease car or a mobility allowance. In addition, we offer a good salary and a standard net expense allowance. We think it is important that you also have time to relax, that is why we give you 32 days off.. You don't have to worry about your pension; we arrange that for you with a non-contributory pension scheme.
About the organisation
ALTEN Information Technologies is part of ALTEN Benelux and specialized in consultancy in the areas of IT, production, validation, management, and engineering. ALTEN is present in more than 29 countries around the world and offers the opportunity to move abroad while broadening one's knowledge.
Today, our customers are among the most renowned in the country and they offer plenty of challenges. Our IT division is composed by highly motived and dynamic Business Managers and Recruiters who are always ready to support you.
We created an ALTEN community. Indeed, several events are organized throughout the year so that you can meet your colleagues and create connections.
So apply now to be part of our friendly team!
*** ALTEN BELGIUM is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. ***
Why joining ALTEN Belgium?
At ALTEN we believe in growing together:
Human capital is our priority; we involve ourselves in supporting our consultants’ career by customized follow-up and close management.
Our internal training program, the ALTEN Academy, provides you certified trainings (Global Partner ISTQB, IREB) and tools to satisfy your thirst of knowledge.
As pioneers in innovation, we give you the opportunity to work with leading companies on the most recent technologies, in addition to an attractive salary package.
Are you ready to take your career to another level by joining an innovative and dynamic community?
Push the apply button and get ready to shape tomorrow!