Looking for a thrilling challenge? Want to have a real impact on tomorrow’s technologies? Boost your career and join us!
We are the reference partner for the best companies in Belgium. Located over the entire territory, we have developed our expertise in three group business lines: Engineering Technology, Information Systems & Telco, Life Sciences.
If you are up to the challenge, then keep on reading, and discover the amazing opportunity below!
As Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering ST Engineering iDirect’s solutions and systems towards a wide spectrum of markets and utilizations and integrating them into the customer’s IP and RF infrastructure.
- Combine technical project management with solution delivery activities.
- Take full ownership of the complete project life-cycle from pre-sales to solution acceptance.
- Create, execute and follow-up of the project implementation plan in close collaboration with all involved parties: bid/pre-sales, solution development, solution architects, application engineers, product managers and the R&D team.
- Lead projects that require custom solutions development and as such participate in solution design based on ST Engineering iDirect and/or 3rd party products and technologies. This can include defining and documenting IP network diagrams, link budgets, RF and IP configuration data.
- Assist in the bid/pre-sale phase by reviewing design proposals, bid activities and participating in customer visits.
- Define potential project purchasing needs in collaboration with our procurement and manufacturing departments
- Organize and actively participate in the validation and acceptance of the implemented solutions in our factory and/or at the customer site. This can include integrating into the customer’s IP network and testing/optimizing the RF link performance.
- Work with our application engineers, technical writers and training manager to create customer documentation and training.
- Coordinate technical support during the startup care phase and organize a full and smooth hand-over to our Customer Support organization.
- Aspire towards a thorough understanding of satellite communication technologies and components.
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering (Computer Sciences, Telecommunication, Aerospace, ...)
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in project management in complex technological environments
- Have formal knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to adapt them to the specifics and the reality of your stakeholders
- Have experience in a service delivery management role, potentially including all the formalities that come with international shipping and customs.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to perform under stress, while maintaining good time and priority management.
- Are comfortable working with virtual groups and stakeholders.
- Are fluent in English, knowledge of French or Mandarin or any other language is an asset.
- Have a profound interest and/or experience in satellite communication and new technologies
- Love to communicate with a broad range of technical experts and to share information
- Are inquisitive and a believer in continuous learning/improving.
What we offer
- ALTEN offers a technically challenging environment where your growth is central through the diversity of projects. We believe that as a consultant you never stop learning, which is why we offer you the opportunity to further develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- Within our ALTEN Academy we offer trainings that match your ambitions. Our consultants also regularly organize knowledge evenings about new technologies, in which you can take part. Or maybe you would like to organize a knowledge evening yourself with your colleagues?
- If, after the interviews, it turns out that you and ALTEN are a good match, we will immediately offer you a permanent contract. As we expect our consultants to be mobile, we offer you the choice between a lease car or a mobility allowance. In addition, we offer a good salary and a standard net expense allowance. We think it is important that you also have time to relax, that is why we give you 32 days off.. You don't have to worry about your pension; we arrange that for you with a non-contributory pension scheme.
About the organisation
ALTEN Information Technologies is part of ALTEN Benelux and specialized in consultancy in the areas of IT, production, validation, management, and engineering. ALTEN is present in more than 29 countries around the world and offers the opportunity to move abroad while broadening one's knowledge.
Today, our customers are among the most renowned in the country and they offer plenty of challenges. Our IT division is composed by highly motived and dynamic Business Managers and Recruiters who are always ready to support you.
We created an ALTEN community. Indeed, several events are organized throughout the year so that you can meet your colleagues and create connections.
So apply now to be part of our friendly team!
*** ALTEN BELGIUM is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. ***
Why joining ALTEN Belgium?
At ALTEN we believe in growing together:
Human capital is our priority; we involve ourselves in supporting our consultants’ career by customized follow-up and close management.
Our internal training program, the ALTEN Academy, provides you certified trainings (Global Partner ISTQB, IREB) and tools to satisfy your thirst of knowledge.
As pioneers in innovation, we give you the opportunity to work with leading companies on the most recent technologies, in addition to an attractive salary package.
Are you ready to take your career to another level by joining an innovative and dynamic community?
Push the apply button and get ready to shape tomorrow!