Pharmaceutical engineering covers all parts of drug manufacturing, from optimizing manufacturing processes to improving packaging solutions. One of the most important differences in Engineering between the pharmaceutical industry and other industries is the strict requirements for good manufacturing practice (GMP).
As a project engineer, you will have following tasks:
- Discussions with management, suppliers, production and quality
- Devise the design of new machines
- Optimize existing machines and processes
- Execute/Follow-up engineering activities (design, implementation, maintenance, etc.) within technical area of expertise by using reliable and cost-effective technical solutions, ensuring technical quality to enable the overall site/project objectives
- Prepare Equipment Specifications and System Requirements (e.g. User Requirement
- Support & review Functional Specifications in projects
- Review and approve drawings, lists, schedules, diagrams, layouts, calculations and datasheets in projects
- Support new equipment FAT / SAT / inspections in project & commissioning activities
- Lead or support continuous improvement or optimization of equipment (TPM, IQP).
- Support with static, functional and operational testing of installations
- Give operational support with troubleshooting
As we are looking for multiple profiles (junior to senior level), earlier experience in the Life Sciences sector is an asset.
- Communicative towards other departments
- Can work within a specific time-frame (important deadlines), is flexible
- Analytical thinker
- Strong feeling for technology
- Preferred background: Industrial Engineer, Civil engineer, master or Phd
- Proficient to write and communicate in Dutch & English
What we offer
At ALTEN we believe in growing together:
- Working within a Business Unit with ambitious growth, which will create a big network
- Human capital is our priority; we support our consultants’ career with follow-ups and close management
- The ALTEN Academy provides you certified trainings
- We give you the opportunity to work with leading companies on the most recent technologies, in addition to an attractive salary package.
About the organisation
ALTEN develops and delivers Life Sciences expertise to world-leading companies. Today ALTEN Belgium is a key player in Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices…) with 30 clients. As a global player with a local presence, we are flexible and able to adapt to the needs of every single customer. That’s why we are looking for project engineers to strengthen the team.