Assuming that the raw materials and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) remain the same and are procured from the same supplier, a technology transfer begins with an assessment of the original manufacturer’s information: from raw materials through critical process parameters, followed by performing equipment, backsides, and comparisons according to guidelines. Of course in case of new suppliers, you need to qualify them first.
As a Technology Transfer Consultant, you will integrate the life sciences team in the pharmaceutical
industry and you will:
- Provide scientific and technical support for the qualitative manufacturing of drug product
- Validation of new products and assuring that all plant validations are in place to manufacture these products
- Perform risk analysis and be responsible for the identification of critical parameters
- Perform tests and implement them in production
- Work closely with other departments in the company (production, production support, QA, Engineering, …), often you will be the transfer team lead
- Perform result analysis
- Correct documentation of validation strategy and results
- Be responsible for finishing the project within due date, which means making sure the other departments finish their actions on time
- Be responsible for the creation, executing and implementation of change controls and
Numerous meetings along the way ensure that timelines are being adhered to, as well as critical events and issues are communicated. It is essential to have a dedicated team of subject matter experts around the table discussing it cross-functionally; this can often make or break a timely and successful tech transfer.
As we are looking for multiple profiles (junior to senior level), earlier experience in the Life Sciences sector is an asset.
- Teamplayer and communication skills
- Good analytical competences
- Good planning and time management
- Good coordinating skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Preferred background: Bio-engineer, Pharmacy, industrial-engineer, master or Phd
- Proficient to write and communicate in Dutch & English
What we offer
At ALTEN we believe in growing together:
- Working within a Business Unit with ambitious growth, which will create a big network
- Human capital is our priority; we support our consultants’ career with follow-ups and close management
- The ALTEN Academy provides you certified trainings
- We give you the opportunity to work with leading companies on the most recent technologies, in addition to an attractive salary package.
About the organisation
ALTEN develops and delivers Life Sciences expertise to world-leading companies. Today ALTEN Belgium is a key player in Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices…) with 30 clients. As a global player with a local presence, we are flexible and able to adapt to the needs of every single customer. That’s why we are looking for Technology Transfer Consultants to strengthen the team.