Power Design Engineer (M/W)
Looking for a thrilling challenge? Want to have a real impact on tomorrow’s technologies? Boost your career and join an international environment !
We are part of ALTEN Group, European leader in Technology Consulting and Engineering. Our 24 000 top engineers are working on various activities linked with industry, life sciences and information technologies across 20 countries around the world.
Working closely with the best companies in Belgium, we keep growing and aim to reach a 1000 consultants community in 2019.
If you are up to the challenge, then keep on reading, and discover the amazing opportunity below!
As a Power Design Engineer at ALTEN Belgium, you will be present on client’s plant to prepare the power design reviews in accordance with DFQ system and Specify the power requirements to be exported to the control/command engineer (flux law, torque law, PWM strategy, protection thresholds, …).
You will :
- Calculate electrical or thermal constraints related to all components of the power scheme (use MATLAB, SABER, MATHCAD or CITHEL tools) to fulfil all customer and normative requirements
- Write corresponding design reports and participate in the technical meetings
- Define the interfaces of electrical components with mechanical department
- Specify the electrical components (Power electronic components (IGBT, diodes, …), switchgear, traction motors, passive components (inductors, transformers, capacitors, resistors …), interface components with control electronics (sensors, gate drives, relays, …))
You will also participate in:
- Business awards and components qualification.
- The definition of validation tests of the power scheme with the validation engineer and in the investigation tests and debugging
You have :
- A master degree or Engineering diploma in electrical engineering or similar
- A first experience in power design is required.
- Aptitude to communicate in Dutch and/or French and good command of English.
Why joining ALTEN Belgium?
At ALTEN we believe in growing together:
Human capital is our priority; we involve ourselves in supporting our consultants’ career by customized follow-up and close management.
Our internal training program, the ALTEN Academy, provides you certified trainings and tools to satisfy your thirst of knowledge.
As pioneers in innovation, we give you the opportunity to work with leading companies on the most recent technologies, in addition to an attractive salary package.
Are you ready to take your career to another level by joining an innovative and dynamic community?
Push the apply button and get ready to shape tomorrow!
Application deadline :
Contact : Eleonore Mouton
Region : Belgium